Wednesday, January 4, 2012

I am not shallow, I am a kiddie pool

I have a certain disdain for myself right now. I don't like the person I am becoming.

I have always, ALWAYS told myself to not succumb and be a slave to materialism, but since when? Since when have I resorted to society's standards and became such a realistic prat? Since when did I begin to mind the labels I wore, the car I was riding in, the places I was going to or dining in, or who I was befriending and mingling with? Since when did it all start to matter such an ample amount to me? Since when have I became so ostentatious?

What happened to the girl who would sacrifice her all and do everything in her capability for love, just love? And who is this girl whom I can't recognize who would do anything for monetary gain? I truly wish I could find the person I used to be and not this poseur I am becoming of. I know I am still somewhere inside of me, I just need time to find her again.

No comments:

Post a Comment