Monday, August 18, 2014

I'm still letting you go



We wished on these stars, they were ours
They remind me of you
I'm still letting you go, I just want you to know
That I think of you, think of you,
Think of you, think of you

The space in the back of my mind
I meet you there to reminisce from time to time
You were the light, the blue in my skies
I saw the shades of myself in your eyes

I don't know if it's because the surroundings no longer remind me of you, but I don't think of you as much as I did back at home. Thoughts of you used to be like a persistent throbbing of the head, a nagging headache that would never go away. Memories of you were etched in every piece of furniture, embedded in every road I travel. I could visualize your presence everywhere I went.

Here...it's so hard to remember what it's like to feel your arms around my waist and your breath on the nape of my neck. It's been so long since we last saw each other. It's been even longer since I felt your touch and warmth. Hence, there are spaces in my mind that doesn't involve you.

However, just because I don't think of you as much doesn't mean I don't think of you anymore. I still think of you every single day and in between gaping thoughts; you're the first in my everyday prayers. I miss you, so much.

I'm still letting you go and I just want you to know that I think of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment