Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Day 25

Day 25 - The person you know who is going through the worst of times 

I will never be able to fathom the excruciating plight you are in and I cannot extenuate the circumstances you have to go through physically, mentally and emotionally. Every single day, I pray for you and question the universe why did it have to be you? I cannot understand the logic of the universe; I do not see the rationale behind all that happened. Is there a silver lining? Will there ever be a rainbow after the thunderstorm?

It's winter in my heart. 

There is nothing that I can do to extend some form of solace to you, or dial back the clock and make everything okay again. I'm sorry, but believe me when I say that every fibre in my being wants you to be okay, and I know you will be. It will always be okay, in the end.

Hold on, pain ends. 

I remember...I remember everything, everything that you are to me. How your voice sends electricity through my fingertips and up my spine, how the touch of your hands...oh, your touch, each time it grazes the layers that envelope my bones, I feel my heart expand and constrict simultaneously - expand at the magnanimous love I bore for you and yet constricted by the tiny expanse of my thoracic cavity.

I will remember...remember that in the face of a series of unfortunate events, there is something good in everyday. I remember that despite your circumstances, you told me to live my life and always look forward. I promise, I will live my life to the fullest, for you and for myself.

It's not goodbye, it never will be; it's see you again.

No comments:

Post a Comment