Saturday, May 5, 2012

Day 21

Day 21 - Someone you judged by their first impression

Someone whom I judged by their first impression? To be perfectly honest, everyone. I tend to judge people, a whole lot. I won't even deny it, I am judgmental, period.

I try not to assay people by first glance/impression, but it's proven to be difficult for me. It's not like I deliberately eye people once over and come to a conclusion about them; it's more like I am naturally wired to judge, like I do it out of habit. I see a stranger and I immediately conjure this whole story about him or her in my head. I think about why they are the way they are - the way they dress, the way they look, the way they act. However, I am almost always proven wrong once I get to know them - the people I judge by first impression - better. The rare cases that I do get to know the people, that is.

First impressions are not everything, but they are important because they always leave an impact behind.

1 comment: