Saturday, November 19, 2011

Are you in charge of your own happiness?

I don't wait around for other people to be happy for me or make me happy anymore like I used to; because for all I know, any happiness I get, I've got to create it myself. I am the only person who is in charge of my own happiness. I will only be truly happy if I allow myself to be.

I don't care if I am single or attached, or if I am rich or poor, or if I am pretty or ugly, or if I am dim or intelligent. I am happy the way I am and grateful for so much I already have because I know there will always be someone better than me out there, but there are also the ones who are less fortunate than I am.

I also strongly believe that good things come to those who wait. I've firmly placed my faith in the hands of God for He knows and wants the best for me. I seek the Lord when I've lost my way and I know He will always light the way for me and all will prevail even if not immediately.

I've learnt to let go when it's hurting too much, give up when love just isn't enough anymore and move on when things are not like before because for surely, there is going to be someone out there who will love me even more and everything is going to be okay in the end.

I've accepted the very fact that not everyone is going to be able to love me as I am and accept me entirely, but there will be the few who do; I've also come to terms with the fact that people come and go in lives and not everyone is meant to stay. Some would enter my life just for a chapter, some for a few, and some for the entire book of my life. Everyone is bound to hurt me in one way or another, I just have to decide who's worth the pain.

No one is able to go through life unscathed; I am sure as hell I will be much more jaded and battered than I already am, but I am still going to try and make the best out of my life. If you ask me what's the way to live, I will tell you that it is to "make mistakes, but have no regrets; keep an open mind, but a guarded heart". :)

No comments:

Post a Comment