Saturday, September 8, 2012

Day 22

  

Day 22 - Someone you want to give a second chance to 

Dear you,

 I could see you flashing your brightest grin at me through the mirror. I could see past the mask of sunshine you wear to get you through the days. I could see the untrusting gleam within your eyes. I could see the scars you've mentally inflicted on your wrists. I could see your callused fingers and coarse palms from stacking the bricks of the wall around your heart. I know you. I know you on a level that nobody else that lives upon the surface of Earth does. They say they could understand and relate to you, but they really don't.

 They don't know how confused and lost you are. They don't know how terrified you are of the ambiguous future, of life alone. They don't know what you've done and what you think you've done. They don't know how you feel and how you should be feeling. They don't know how damaged and jaded you really, really are. Ultimately, they don't know just how much you wish you deserved a second chance, the chance to rebirth and start over. A clean slate.





 What you don't know is that you deserve a second chance, but only if you let yourself believe so.

No comments:

Post a Comment