Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Titanic


I just finished watching Titanic, for the first time in my life and I’m twenty this year. It may seem like I have been living under a rock my whole life, perhaps I have, but I do not regret not watching Titanic any sooner because I think watching Titanic at this age allows me to fully comprehend the magnitude of their love. How both astoundingly amazing and terribly tragic it was.

I heard and have been told that this movie would leave me clutching my chest, render me into an absolute blubber fest. Oddly, I did not bawl my eyes out, not once throughout the entire movie, but the movie left me grappling with a worse kind of sorrow, it makes me feel like I am floundering in sadness. Like I am drowning and grasping for air...and my lungs gradually giving away.

I can’t put it in words. This choking feeling in my chest. However, I can tell you this one thing, I feel like I’ll never love again and it both terrifies me yet spreads peculiar calmness over me.

Jack and Rose. Their love. Extraordinary.



I can only hope for a love half as great as theirs in my entire lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment